This was not a bug. I observed that caching pipelines produce this only
if they end in an XML serialization. This behaviour was strange and
misleading.
However, the cause was the 'cacheKey' the generator returned was the
"simpleCacheKey" which had been sitting there from the examples.
Replacing SimpleCacheKey by ParameterCacheKey solved the problem.
Have a look at the routine! Maybe this removes your problem.
I suggested to replace this in the examples.

Hope this helps,
Jos