Chris,

I got it working now. It is really in the details.

I always relied upon a PUT request like

http://localhost:8888/equipment

expecting to see the request method set to PUT. In fact, it was always GET.

If, however, one employs

http://localhost:8888/equipment/
-------------------------------^

(Notice the forward slash at the end!)

then the request method is set to PUT. Requests parameters are not available, at least not with Jetty 1.6.7 (and I would assume the same is true for tomcat 6 and 7, did not check). This is what one could expect, as the specification does not require the availability of the request parameters. A GET request with request parameters should also use the forward slash at the end like

http://localhost:8888/equipment/?para1=val1&param2=val2

But a GET without parameters like

http://localhost:8888/equipment/123456

is OK (is always interpreted as a GET).

Using a POST request instead (and with the forward slash), the request method is POST and all parameters are now available through the getParameter() family of methods ion flowscript. I've not tried any of the other request methods like DELETE.

So, this leaves us with the issue with PUT not having the parameters available, but at least the request method is now properly set.

I was almost ready to switch to a different framework like https://jersey.dev.java.net/. Almost ....

Thanks,
André

Department of Biochemistry   | Email: andre.juf...@oulu.fi