Van: fls...@googlemail.com namens Florian Schmitt
Verzonden: ma 4-10-2010 12:59
Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Deploying a Cocoon 2.2 webapp in Tomcat 6.0.20

Hi,

i'm quite new regarding cocoon 2.2 and i'm stuck trying to deploy a
Cocoon 2.2 webapp in Tomcat 6.0.20. I've spent two days googling,
going through the tutorials at cocoon.apache.org and the nice article
at http://www.csparks.com/cocoon/c22without, but without any success.

I followed those steps to create a minimal webapp :

- create a new dir for the complete webapp
== create a new block:
- in that new dir, run "mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org";
- select 2 to create a block, enter groupId, artifactId "block",
version and package
- change to "block" subdir created by maven, run "mvn install" to
build and install "block" in repo;
== create a new webapp
- change back to parent dir
- run "mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://cocoon.apache.org"; again
- select 3 to create a webap, enter same groupId, artifactId "webapp",
same version and same package with new artifactId appended
- modified webapp/pom.xml to add the "block" dependency;
- change to package subdir created by maven, run "mvn package
jetty:run" to build webapp and test it using Jetty;
- open http://localhost:8888/block/ - works :-)
== deploy it in tomcat
- open Tomcat manager app, select webapp/target/webapp-1.0.0.war, hit deploy;
- Tomcat replies OK, displaying webapp-1.0.0 as deployed but not
started; starting manually fails. :-(
- Tomcat log contains the stacktrace attached.

I found some hints online regarding class loaders, but i'm not
experienced enough to fix this on my own.

I tried to add

<dependency>
<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
<artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
<version>2.5</version>
</dependency>

to webapp/pom.xml because it seems that Tomcat can't find the
javax.servlet.ServletContextListener class, but that didn't help.

Are there any step i missed? TIA for any help!

florian

<<winmail.dat>>