Van: Fawzib Rojas [mailto:f_ro...@spectron-msim.com]
Verzonden: di 2-11-2010 14:43
Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Cocoon 2.2 block+sitemap question

I have 2 blocks (block-a and block-b) and I want to serve an xml from
block-b in block-a so i did the following:

block-a/block-servlet-service.xml:
<servlet:context mount-path="/block-a"
context-path="blockcontext:/block-a/">
<servlet:connections>
<entry key="block-b" value-ref="com.my-company.block-b.service"/>
</servlet:connections>
</servlet:context>

block-a/sitemap.xml:
<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="document">
<map:generate src="servlet:block-b:/document" />
<map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

That way i can read the my document using /block-a/document.  In certain
instances block-b wont be included in the war so I want the
/block-a/document to go to a default document in block-a so I thought of
adding an error handler, something like this:

<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="document">
<map:generate src="servlet:block-b:/document" />
<map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>
<map:handle-errors>
<map:select type="exception">
<map:when test="error">
<map:generate type="file" src="block-a-resources/document.xml" />
<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:when>
</map:select>
</map:handle-errors>
</map:pipeline>

Since the connection in the block-a/block-servlet-service.xml cannot be
made the war is not loaded so this method wont work. Is there another
way to do this?