Cocoon & Tomcat Users,

I'm writing (cross-list) concerning a test case for producing a small cocoon
application for tomcat. I've been a user of Cocoon for quite some time, but
have had a little trouble adjusting to the new spring/maven-based 2.2
version. My quest at the moment is just to create the default cocoon block
as well as a webapp block in order to yield a war file to be uploaded to
tomcat. So far I've followed the instructions from "Your first Cocoon
application using Maven 2" <http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html> and
"Deploying a Cocoon application" <http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html>.
Rather than creating a two (option 2) blocks, a webapp block, and a parent
block, I've just created a regular block and a webapp block and attempted to
upload the resulting *.war file to Tomcat and deploy the war there. The
application seems to load alright (based off of information listed in the
tomcat manager, and catalina.out logs), but browsing to the actual URL seems
to show that I've not completed the process properly in some way.

The result is:
HTTP Status 404 - No block for /
------------------------------

*type* Status report

*message* *No block for /*

*description* *The requested resource (No block for /) is not available.*
------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18

Catalina.out only shows:
file:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/work/Catalina/localhost/mobileApp-1.0.0/cocoon_xml_resolver_entities/catalog
In reference to the "mobileApp" application that I'm attempting to load.

Again, I have experience with both Cocoon < 2.2 and Tomcat in general, but
am having trouble understanding what needs to be done in order to run a
Cocoon 2.2 application in Tomcat (rather than Jetty). By the way, I'm able
to get everything to come up as expected from Jetty.

Any tips, hints, suggestions, or resources would be greatly appreciated!

 - Patrick E.

--
Patrick K. Etienne
Systems Analyst