Hi Andreas,

I know this is the wrong approach, I'd like nothing more than to throw the whole mess away and start again. The situation is something that has evolved over many years but I'm trying to make as much of it sane as possible while not breaking the existing functionality.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/cinclude-transformer.html doesn't explain how I'd set the User-Agent, does this happen automagically?

As I stated previously, the url is generated dynamically inside xslt1 as an xsl variable and the document call is made from the same xslt. the result being copied as
<dynamic><xsl:value-of select="document($url)" /></dynamic>

If I understand what you're saying, I need to modify xslt1 to generate a "<cinclude:include src="url"/>" instead, and then use cinclude to fill in the blanks. Am I correct?

Regards,
Alec