Hi Myles,

Op 3 mrt 2011, om 12:55 heeft Myles Byrne het volgende geschreven:

> Huib, I have to follow up your solution to my problem:
>
> your solution to call,
>
>     <dependency>
> >             <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
> >             <artifactId>cocoon-validation-impl</artifactId>
> >             <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >         </dependency>
>
> .. worked fine for a few days, and over a number of builds. Then suddenly
> maven said it could not locate the validation impl snapshot. The validation
> impl is in my local repo @ ~/.m2, but it is still not building. I have been
> trying different repos, editing maven's settings.xml file, flushing the local
> repo, but to no avail.
>
> Are you pulling the dependency from the default repo,
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/?
> Do you specify another repo for it anywhere?

A strange situation, it worked, now it doesn't work anymore. What changed? Is
validation-impl the only jar that can't be found? Sounds like a
maven/dependency-thing to me.

What I did was download the cocoon source code and use the build.sh script to
install it into the local maven repo - "./build.sh install" like it says in the
README. It did take some tweaking to get that to successfully complete
unfortunately, it didn't work "out-of-the-box" for me. But once that hurdle had
been taken, the validation-impl jar could be found.

Hartelijke groet,

Huib.
--
Drs. Huib Verweij
Senior software developer - The Language Archive