On 06/10/2011 20:38, Andre Juffer wrote:
Hi,

is there is similar different in scope as with Cocoon 2.2 with regard to the location of Spring configuration files? I am referring to

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1263_1_1.html

e.g. beans defined by some Spring configuration files in /META-INF/cocoon/spring/ are globally accessible, while those in /COB-INF/config/spring/ are local to the block.

Would the same be applicable to Cocoon 3?

I will be running three application in the same servlet container as three different blocks. They will share 2 other blocks. I want to be quite sure that I do not mix the beans from different blocks. My first attempt resulted in app 1 reading a database of app 2, which of course should not be.

I have for each blocks a few REST resources defined. Can I have them defined in a Spring configuration file in /COB-INF/config/spring/ (local) while they are referring to a org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet defined in a Spring configuration located in /META-INF/cocoon/spring/ (global). Will this work properly?

Hi Andre, and sorry for late response.

Better late than never!

As you can read at [1] and linked pages, Cocoon Spring Configurator is a subproject not directly dependent on a particular Cocoon version. Namely, what reported at [1] refers to the version that Cocoon 3 is using (check it at [2]).

Yes, this is actually true. So, in principle this all would work as stated above. I am going to reorganize a bit the bean definitions this evening and see that I get this work.

Does this help?

Any response is helpful. Thanks for the reply,
André

Regards.

[1] https://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/2.0/1304_1_1.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/parent/pom.xml