On 11/28/2011 10:29 AM, Robby Pelssers wrote:
I agree. Although flowscript's continuations can be useful they do tend to claim
lots of resources and as a cocoon beginner it might make more sense to jump onto
the C3 wagon from the start. I think it offers a easier learning path although
from (advanced -->  writing custom components) documentation point of view
there is still some progress to be made.  Cocoon's proposition is not so much
about building advanced forms rather than being a state-of-the-art framework for
XML processing. And with C3 you can easily integrate C3 into any Java framework
you already are familiar with.

A combination you may want to have a look at is using Dojo toolkit ( http://dojotoolkit.org/ ) on the client and cocoon's REST implementation on the server. From a performance point of view this is very efficient. Dojo does not require any knowledge of XML. It favors JSON (www.joson.org) instead.

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgro...@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 9:13 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon Forms [absolute beginner]

On 27/11/2011 02:57, nowbert3 wrote:
Hi! As mentioned in the subject, Cocoon project is something new to me. While
still exploring, I must admit I'm beginning to really like it. The question
is simple and perhaps a little stupid, but here goes - are there any
developed tools/editors (possibly wysiwyg) that allow simple users, with no
xml (java) knowledge create/generate a form (actually form model, template
etc.) directly from the web - working as some kind of cms in a more tidy
way.
Hi,
unfortunately there is nothing about what you say above. I know that
there has been something in that direction in the past, but nothing
progressed enough to be considered usable.

Which version are you running? 2.1 or 2.2?
Anyway, if you are stepping for the first time into Cocoon fields, I'd
rather suggest you to start looking at version 3.0 [1]; despite its
alpha status, it's quite mature.
Cocoon 3.0 pushes a "minimal" approach: so for example you would deal
with proper web frameworks (like as Wicket [2], for example, for which a
cocoon-wicket integration module is available), leaving the XML
processing stuff to Cocoon pipelines.

If you are interested, there are some samples about Cocoon-Wicket
integration [3] and Cocoon-Hippo CMS integration [4].

Regards.

[1] https://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/
[2] http://wicket.apache.org/
[3]