Hello,

I am dealing with the following problem. A REST resource returns an (DTO) object called statistics (of type Statistics) holding various properties. With string template, each property can be inserted into an XML file, like

<A>$statistics.propertyA$</A>

where the corresponding method on the Statistics object is getPropertyA().

One of the properties requires an argument of type String, where the actual method signature is getNumberFor(String name). It returns an int. The name is obtained from a list of names obtained from the statistics objects as well. The idea is to iterate through the list of names and return a number (int) for each name.

Thus, the XML code that I try to complete looks like:
<socials>
  $statistics.names: { name |
    <social>
      <name>$name$</name>
      <number>$statistics.numberFor(name)$</tribc:number>
    </social>
  }$
</socials>

The Statistics object holds among other things a Map<String, Integer> with the requested numbers.

The line $statistics.numberFor(name)$ is however erroneous. I cannot pass the current value of name to the method in question.

My question is now: How to pass a argument to a given method on an object using string template. The string template website did not give a clear answer, so maybe it is not even possible, or maybe I just completely overlooked it.

Any help is appreciated.

Department of Biochemistry   | Email: andre.juf...@oulu.fi