Thank you Francesco. That is what I was looking for!! :)

So the setup(...) has access to sitemap parameters :) Why not
setConfiguration(..) ?

Does call:
this.setup((Map<String, Object>) configuration)
strips off?/adds? some unwanted/additional data for sitemap-servlet
framework ?

As i recall setConfiguration is for Java only (without sitemap-servlet)
Cocoon use and setup is for standard sitemap-servlet ? Is that correct ?

Greetings,
Greg