On 05/17/2013 05:20 PM, Peter Sparkes wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an application in which I require to send a POST request from
> the server to another non Cocoon website ( to set parameters for a
> newsletter which uses phplist newsletter software) and the response
> would be in JSON

Highly depends on your underlying usecase what to do with the response
and further the cocoon version you are using. I lately use the REST-way
in c3 but you can post anything with cinclude in 2.1.x like:

<cinclude:includexml>
  <cinclude:src>http://10.231.27.63/sql_templates/</cinclude:src>
  <cinclude:configuration>
   <cinclude:parameter>
    <cinclude:name>method</cinclude:name>
    <cinclude:value>POST</cinclude:value>
   </cinclude:parameter>
  </cinclude:configuration>
  <cinclude:parameters>
   <cinclude:parameter>
    <cinclude:name>text</cinclude:name>
    <cinclude:value>
     <ROOT xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">
       <sql:xpath-query xmlns:lsa="blah"
mapping-schema="schema/address.xsd">(/lsa:Address)</sql:xpath-query>
     </ROOT>
    </cinclude:value>
   </cinclude:parameter>
  </cinclude:parameters>
</cinclude:includexml>

as described in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cocoon-users/200512.mbox/%3c06b403677c41d51194550002a55107d2057b8...@s5-stf1-r1.nrn.nrcan.gc.ca%3E

> This would be server to server without any client browser being involved

Actually if I understand your usecase that is not 100% needed. The user
has the newsletter form generated by cocoon and the result has to go to
the php server. IF the php is reachable form the "outside" then a simple
javascript would do to treat the response. If not I recommend a httpd in
front and there just proxy/rewrite the request to the different server.

salu2

> How do I do this?
>
> Help please
>
> Peter

Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>

http://www.codebusters.es/