I can't see how to get the value of the browser selector into a parameter inside a map:transform in my sitemap.xmap.

The example I found shows how to push different transforms according to the value, eg

  <map:select type="browser">
    <map:when test="msie8">
      <map transform src="foo.xsl">
        <map:parameter name="browser" value="msie8"/>
      </map:transform>
    </map:when>
  ...etc...
  </map:select>

but that's a very long-winded, manual, and hard-coded way round. Is there a curly-brace syntax that would let me say

  <map:parameter name="browser" value="{something:browser}"/>

and simply have it pass the value to the XSLT stylesheet?

The selector for "browser" doesn't seem to have an "else" or default value. What happens when the user-agent string goes unmatched?

///Peter