Sascha Wildner a écrit :
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 03:23:28 +0200, Stéphane Russell <sruss...@prodigeinfo.qc.ca> wrote:

Sascha Wildner a écrit :
I have not yet verified how useful xsane is, or if it works at all.
In my case, xsane is working fine and allows me to use my ScanJet 3300C, I'm really satisfied up to now.

My scanner don't work with /dev/uscanner0, so uscanner had to be disabled in the kernel and the generic device was used instead. Compiling sane without libusb might solve this problem, but I didn't try it. My printer also have the same problem with ulpt, I have to use ugen to use it.

Thus, at boot time, I get this:

ugen0: <Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. SCX-3200 Series, class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2> on uhub4 ugen1: <Hewlett-Packard HP ScanJet 3300C, class 0/0, rev 1.00/0.00, addr 2> on uhub0

I changed the permissions of /dev/usb0 and /dev/ugen1 accordingly to allow users to use the scanner. But if the energy saving feature of my printer takes the printer down and the computer reboots (after a power outage for example), the printer is not detected at reboot, the scanner then takes ugen0. The permissions are then wrong and the print spool points to the scanner device. Until I find a better solution, my workaround is to shut both devices and reconnect them in order.
[...]

Stéphane,

thanks for the hints. I will try it out with my own scanner.

I should perhaps also remove uscanner from the kernel config I use then (if someone needs it, they can still kldload it).

Regards,
Sascha

Maybe remove it from the kernel and add it by default in /boot/loader.conf, in case most scanners works with uscanner. I personally made it the default behavior for ulpt, ikbd, ums, uhid and uscanner, to avoid constant recompiles:

uhid_load="NO"
ukbd_load="NO" (my HP mouse is confused with this one, I'm using a PS/2 keyboard anyway)
ulpt_load="NO"
ums_load="YES"
uscanner_load="NO"