This CXF version is old (not supported) while Spring version is quite new, perhaps something is not linking properly between Spring and CXF Spring namespace handlers.
May be, in CXF 2.7.16, one still needs to add the imports as in

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/cxf-2.7.16/systests/jaxrs/src/test/resources/jaxrs/WEB-INF/beans.xml#L42

Please migrate to CXF 3.0.11 or CXF 3.0.8 (due shortly)

HTH, Sergey