Hi,

This is getting very frustrating trying to get the project to find relative
paths to the WDSL.

Environment: Java 7
Build Tool: gradle
IDE: Intellij

The WSDL file runs fine in the IDE with :

@WebServiceClient(name = "SalesService", targetNamespace =
"urn:Sales.test.au/schema/common", wsdlLocation = "file:SalesService.wsdl")
public class SalesService
    extends Service
{

    private final static URL SalesSERVICE_WSDL_LOCATION;
    private final static WebServiceException SalesSERVICE_EXCEPTION;
    private final static QName SalesSERVICE_QNAME = new
QName("urn:Sales.test.au/schema/common", "SalesService");

    static {
        URL url = null;
        WebServiceException e = null;
        try {
            url = new URL("file:SalesService.wsdl");
        } catch (MalformedURLException ex) {
            e = new WebServiceException(ex);
        }

But try that same code in a packaged jar and it results in a file not found
(even though the file is present in the JAR).

This post seemed to be relevant:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4455195/how-to-avoid-the-need-to-specify-the-wsdl-location-in-a-cxf-or-jax-ws-generated

They modified the URL in the WDSL - and found that the parameter needed to
be passed as :

@WebServiceClient(name = "SalesService", targetNamespace =
"urn:sales.test.au/schema/common", wsdlLocation =
"classpath:src/main/resources/SalesService.wsdl")
        URL url = null;
        WebServiceException e = null;
        try {
            url = new URL("SalesService.wsdl");

but that also fails for me (in particular on the line  url = new
URL("SalesService.wsdl");).

I also wondered if this is relevant:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20389255/reading-a-resource-file-from-within-jar

Surely this is not a new issue? What is the solution?

I have tried several "paths" now and am at a loss.

Cheers

AG

--
Sent from: http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/cxf-user-f547216.html