Hi Colm,

I think this is very legitimate query. At some point JAX-RS 2.1 API dropped NIO
support and the dependecy on Servlet 3.1 API as well, right before
releasing the spec (commit reference
https://github.com/jax-rs/api/commit/a4faa965bbe4d058caa41f56f712fa52fc9600fe#diff-bb05b5ab9309760c3271445278116a2f).
We could try to make 3.0 the base line (right now it is 3.1) and see if it
breaks something else besides NIO part. What do you think?

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko