You could also entertain https://github.com/apache/aries-jax-rs-whiteboard

it is an implementation of a whiteboard for JAX-RS applications. It is
specified how to register applications and extensions just like the ones
you need. It is based upon CXF but you only need to use JAX-RS and OSGi
API.

The only thing is that there are only snapshots published at the moment.
If it is not a deal breaker for you I believe you could give it a go.

Bests.

Carlos.