In my opinion you can do that, override the class CXFServlet class and
override the method load bus especially the following logic.

 String configLocation = servletConfig.getInitParameter("config-location");
        if (configLocation == null) {
            try {
                InputStream is =
servletConfig.getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/cxf-servlet.xml");
//this is default location
                if (is != null && is.available() > 0) {
                    is.close();
                    configLocation = "/WEB-INF/cxf-servlet.xml";
                }
            } catch (Exception ex) {
                //ignore
            }