The JAX-WS “Provider” interface is used to create services that consume generic
XML.  You could then use normal javax.xml.transform stuff to transform the XML.

You could look at the jaxws_dispatch_provider sample:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/tree/master/distribution/src/main/release/samples/jaxws_dispatch_provider

<https://github.com/apache/cxf/tree/master/distribution/src/main/release/samples/jaxws_dispatch_provider>

It has a GreeterDOMSourcePayloadProvider which implements Provider<DOMSource>.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org <mailto:dk...@apache.org> - http://dankulp.com/blog