Hi Jens,

Thanks very much for this, I've tried it, and my MQ admin is telling me
that the message still has the MQMD format of MQHRF2, and includes an
MQRFH2 header.

I only have the vaguest understanding of what that means, but it sounds to
me like that's what the targetClient=1 parameter should prevent.

In the CXF logs I can see that the targetClient setting is being included,
but noticed that the queue name I'm setting is
"jms:queue:...?targetClient=1".

I notice that your suggestion doesn't include the "jms:", so tried removing
it and now CXF throws an exception saying:

  Could not find conduit initiator for address: queue:///...?
targetClient=1 and transport: http://www.w3.org/soapjms/

I assume this is because I'm setting this on my JaxWsProxyFactoryBean:

  JaxWsProxyFactoryBean factory = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();

factory.setTransportId(JMSSpecConstants.SOAP_JMS_SPECIFICATION_TRANSPORTID);

Is there some other transportId value I should be using?

Any other thoughts welcome, of course.
Dave.