I think you are confusing a couple of specs…..    MTOM and Soap W/ Attachments
are actually two separate specs and are handled differently.

For SwA, you wouldn’t turn on MTOM.   CXF should be able to look in the WSDL
and as long as mime things are properly and completely defined in the WSDL, it
should use that.   However, it also requires you to run the wsdl2java stuff a
bit differently as you need a binding file that turns on the
“enableMIMEContent” capabilities.

If you look in our repo in the testutils/src/main/resources/wsdl directory,
there is a swa-mime-binding.xml binding file that would go along with the
swa-mime.wsdl file.   Use that as the starting point to re-generate the
interfaces and see if that changes anything.     If you want to dig into the
code that tests things, that would be
systests/jaxws/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/swa/ClientServerSwaTest.java.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org <mailto:dk...@apache.org> - http://dankulp.com/blog