Hi Folks,

I am creating a DFDL schema for Shape files. I ran my DFDL schema on a Shape
file and the parse crashed. I discovered that the Shape file has a polygon with
1,371 points (so I need the <Point> element repeated 1,371 times) but Daffodil
imposes a limit of 1,024 repetitions. I learned how to increase that limit:

daffodil parse -TmaxOccursBounds=2048 ...

I did that and it took care of the error I was getting.

I ran my DFDL schema on another Shape file and the parse crashed. Upon
investigation I found the Shape file has a polygon with 3,087 points. So I
increased the limit again:

daffodil parse -TmaxOccursBounds=4096 ...

I did that and it took care of the error I was getting.

Now I begin to wonder - why? Why does Daffodil impose a limit? I think there
should be no limit. Is there a reason that it can't be unlimited?

/Roger