I am writing a schema for a binary file and wanting to use a byte to direct
dispatch a choice. Since choicedispatchkey uses a string, I thought I needed to
convert the binary to a string, but it says the function string is not valid.
Is there another way? Is there a list of functions that daffodil supports?

..
<xs:element name="Array_Type"      type="xs:unsignedByte" />
<xs:element name="HoldData" " dfdl:occursCountKind="expression"
dfdl:occursCount="{../Array_Size}">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:choice dfdl:choiceDispatchKey="{fn:string(/Holding/Array_Type)}">
     <xs:element name="float32" type="xs:float"
dfdl:choiceBranchKey="0"/>
..