Von: Manzenberger Max [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007 21:42
An: OpenOffice Mailinglist
Betreff: [de-users] Macro-Problems - Updating database/datasource

Hello together,

I have a problem with my macro and don't know how to solve it.
Perhaps anyone has a solution for me. :-)

In my macro i convert a dbf-File to a calc-document.
This calc-document is used as datasource for letters.
So my macros is doing all needed things like converting the document,
saving the calc-File. If needed it registers it as datasource and stores
the *.odb.

Now I have the problem sometimes the datasourceview is not up-to-date.
If it is open while executing my macro i shows the old datas of the old
calc-File, not the datas of the created calc-File.
Closing and opening the datasourceview is a little work around.
But some users even say it will not work they have to restart OpenOffice.

I think the "problem" is if the user opens the datasourceview and
searches around in the datasource OOO opens a connection. This
connection is closed if the datasourceview is closed or the User chosses
"Close connection" (right-click on the datasource)

Is there any possibility to do this with a macro? (Closing a
user-connection, maybe it is not possible because of a security-problem??)

I tried some other thing like overwriting the *.odb-File or revoking and
reregistering the datasource.
But the odb-File is locked, so there is no possibility to do such
things. What can I do?

Thanks all you for your help

Best regards
Max Manzenberger