"alternative-bean-x1 (instead of bean-x) in test1
and alternative-bean-x2  (instead of bean-x) in test2"

Yes, this is exactly what I am going after, unfortunately I have not gotten
it to work yet. In my case bean-x comes from a producer.

Not sure if that is my problem so I started working on a use case, I made a
clone of uc014 -> uc020 ( fixed name collisions in
apache-deltaspike.properties ) but many other test cases started to fail
outside of uc020.  ( https://github.com/mores/deltaspike/tree/altProduces )

Is this a possible bug ?
-Thanks

p.s. when a typo is made in apache-deltaspike.properties no warning or
error was thrown that I could easily see