I think, at least, we need to state in the documentation that "the Integer
Value Editor only allows edition of integer values between -2,147,483,648
and +2,147,483,647, and for values outside of that range, the use of the
In-Place Value Editor is recommended.".

We can also try to implement a custom spinner which is based on a long, but
it won't be as good as the default SWT Spinner widget (especially in terms
of appearance an behavior on all platforms).

Pierre-Arnaud