On 10/14/11 12:33 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecha...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 10/6/11 10:44 PM, Charles FENDT wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to work with Apache DS for a central repository and Apache
Directory LDAP Client API on Java servers to request in the repository.
It work pretty good... except one thing : I need to make persistent sear
in the LDAP server... and i can't make it work...
I didn't found any example or howto on which base my code...

So I'm asking for some help !
You may check this test :

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/server-integ/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/operations/search/PersistentSearchIT.java?revision=1124675&view=markup

It implements a persistent search.

Be aware that this test is a bit complex, but feel free to post your
question on this mailing list.
Hm, the linked test uses JNDI to perform persistent search. Does the
LDAP API also support persistent search and if yes are there examples?

Well, we have to inject the PersistentSearch control this way :

    @Test
    public void testSimpleSearchWithControl() throws Exception
    {
SearchRequest searchRequest = new SearchRequestImpl().setBase( new Dn( "ou=system" ) ).setFilter( "(objectclass=*)" ) .setScope( SearchScope.ONELEVEL ).addControl( new PersistentSearchImpl() ); EntryCursor cursor = connection.search( "ou=system", "(objectclass=*)", SearchScope.ONELEVEL );

Now, we have to deal with the result. It's a bit late for me to add a test that does it.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,