So, if I want to make a NoSQL adaptor as a custom partition, I duplicate an
existing partition and do a native bean reference...where?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot [mailto:paj...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 10:39 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Cc: Steven Altsman
Subject: Re: Custom Partition on 2.0M* Forward

Hi Steven,

In ApacheDS 2.0, the server.xml file has been replaced by a config.ldif
file.

Just launch the server and connect to it with an LDAP Browser (Apache
Directory Studio for example).
Open and explore the 'ou=config' node.
Partitions are located under
'ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config'.
If you want to create one, replicate the structure found at
'ads-partitionId=example,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=con
fig' (including all children entries for indexes) and modify it to your
needs.

You might also want to try the freshly released Apache Directory Studio 2.0
M1 version, which contains a Configuration Editor for Apache DS 2.0 servers
and allows you to create partitions easily.
Simply right-click on the connection and choose 'Open Configuration' in the
context menu.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/61-how-to-write-a-simple-custom-par