On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM,  <carlo.acco...@ibs-ag.com> wrote:
> Hi, We have  apacheds 2.0-M5 db setup with all  ~90k users under one OU. Yes,
> I know they should be stored with some hierarchy but that's not an option for
> this
> particular customer.  I want to optimize searching by lastname, (sn),
> firstname (givenName) and displayName. I have created indexes under the
> partition and
> we see ads-indexcachesize is set by default to 100. Assuming the value
> correlates to a value for the attribute,  Can I set this to 50,000 for each
> of the attribs?.
that won't help much, setting up more memory for the JVM will help
> I can dedicate ~1GB of heap space for the ApacheDS JVM.

cool, then set the -Xms and -Xmx  flags in the java options
> Also, is there a way to rebuild the indexes in 2.0? I can't seem to find how
> that's done.

no, one way is to delete the index and restart the server followed by
adding the index and restart, then the server will automatically build
the index
during startup
> For example In the UI someone might enter "Smit" looking for Smith.
>
> This gets converted into the following query with the OU as the baseDN.
>
> (&
>  (objectclass=inetOrgPerson)
>  (|
>    (displayname=Smit*)
>    (sn=Smit*)
>    (givenName=Smit*)
>   )
> )
>
> Lastly, would we be better off performing three separate queries (for
> displayname,sn,givenName) or will the logical OR search above break the
> moment it finds a match? Thanks.
the logical OR breaks as soon as it finds a match

--
Kiran Ayyagari