I'm using Apache Directory Studio Version: 2.0.0.v20161101-M12 in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
I changed language to german.

I save connection password in a keystore with master password.
In a connection I select "Simple authentication" and "Save password".

Now when I open a connection to a LDAP server I have to enter first the master password and then the password to access the LDAP.

I expected to be authenticated until I close the connection or the Studio, but from time to time I have to enter the connection password again when I change to another object in LDAP tree or to a search.

Is there a "session timeout" or another setting to remember the authentication until the session ends ?

Stefan