?Hello All,

I'm Damian Baran and I work for T-Systems. I don't have a lot of experience
with LDAP, just basic knowledge. I have setup my own local testlab with Apache
DS as LDAP serever, Apache Directory Studio as LDAP browser and some local
instances of tools we use in our company. During this exploration I got idea
that most of the "digital tools" out there use user/group/role permission
model. What I don't understand is why these tools doesn't support such deep
LDAP integration? Why you can't just manage users, groups, roles and
permissions in one place in LDAP and just configure tool to retrieve this data
from LDAP?

BTW I don't know if LDAP have such possibilities to fully take over management
of users, groups, roles and permissions for different tools (web apps). Do you
have some experience with that??

Best Regards,

Damian Baran