Hi.

We're running Apache DS 2.0.0-M23. We recently ran into an issue where
suddenly, with no obvious trigger, our directory service seemed to drop
more than 90% of our user entries. We went from over 10,000 to less than
900. We were able to recover by essentially restoring a backup. However,
root cause is still elusive.

When we tried to add some off the users back, we would get error messages
that the users already exist. So the entries are in there somewhere, but
there not visible in Apache Directory Studio, and not visible to our
applications.

Is this a known problem? Is there a quick solution to recover from this
situation?

Thanks.

Mike Davis