Emmanuel,

Running OS:  Windows server 2012R2

   So, I went back to v m24 after getting odd errors from v25 when I copied
over my M24 config.

Currently running v m24, and in the path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ApacheDS\instances\default\conf

There are only the following files and one folder:

Config.ldif_migrated

Log4j.properties

Ou=config.ldif

Wrapper-instance.conf

FOLDER:  ou=config

I noticed on this site here:

https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.6-backup-restore.html

that it stated to extract a LDIF from ApacheDS, so I did that with OPENLDAP
tools and ldapsearch.  I used the example there as in:

‘ldapsearch -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret -p 10389 -h localhost -b
"dc=example,dc=com" -s sub "(ObjectClass=*)" * + > backup.ldif’

I then imported that into v24, had to do it a few times because it would
never get it all the first time.  After that was complete, that is how I
ended up with the file structure above in the ‘conf’ folder.

I apologize as I was first referencing version m25.

Am I missing something?

thanks

Hi,

the configuration for your server is stored in a single file, config.ldif.

Dependning on the OS yoi are running it on, this file can be found in :

Debian/RH/CentOS: /var/lib/apacheds-<version>/default/conf

Mac OSX: /usr/local/apacheds-<versions>/instances/default/conf

You can simply copy this file as is, there is nothing specific to yur

local machine in it

The data are stored in :

Debian/RH/CentOS: /var/lib/apacheds-<version>/default/partitions/<XXX>/...

Mac OSX:

/usr/local/apacheds-<versions>/instances/default/partitions/<XXX>/...

You can also copy those files as is.

--

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com