Hi

To get familiar with DPDK, I am running the l2fwd example on a PC running Wind
River Linux and fitted with an HP 560SFP+ 2-port NIC.  I enable one port for
l2fwd and send UDP packets to it from another PC.  The problem is that the
l2fwd example does not report these packets in its statistics - it reports 0
packets received.  I would like some advice on how to debug this please.

Here's some more information:

I have a bash script that initialises the dpdk environment and calls
dpdk_nic_bind.py. The output looks ok and is shown at the end of this email.

I run l2fwd as follows:

       build/l2fwd -c f -n2 -- -q 1 -p 2

This runs the example on 2 lcores, 1 port (the second one) and 1 rx queue per
lcore.

On the sending PC I have added an arp entry for the remote port and, using
Wireshark, I can see that the UDP packet is sent with the correct MAC address.

So all seems set up ok, but l2fwd does not see a packet.  Please can someone
help me with this?

Best regards

David

Output of bash script
=================

# ./leda_dpdk_setup.sh
Using directory: /root/dpdk-2.2.0/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
HugePages_Total:      28
HugePages_Free:        0
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:    1048576 kB
trying to remove old igb_uio module and may get an error message, ignore it
trying to remove old rte_kni module and may get an error message, ignore it

Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver
0000:04:00.0 '82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection' drv=igb_uio
unused=windrvr1221
0000:04:00.1 '82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection' drv=igb_uio
unused=windrvr1221

Network devices using kernel driver
===================================
0000:09:00.0 'I210 Gigabit Network Connection' if=eth0 drv=igb
unused=windrvr1221,igb_uio
0000:0a:00.0 'I210 Gigabit Network Connection' if=eth1 drv=igb
unused=windrvr1221,igb_uio *Active*

Other network devices
=====================
<none>

Command 'lspci | grep Ether' output for reference
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+
Network Connection (rev 01)
04:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+
Network Connection (rev 01)
09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection
(rev 03)
0a:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection
(rev 03) root@localhost:~#