Hi,

I'm able to use pdump with test-pmd with the same set of parameters used
for the eal init, but when I try to attach pdump as a secondary process in
Intel Flexran, I face an issue with the following error.

EAL: Failed to hotplug add device

EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1

  Cause: vdev creation failed    ->> it fails with this error.

And on further checking, came to know that Flexran uses external buffers,
does pdump supports external buffers? Is the above error due to the same?

We would like to capture packets without any performance degradation, what
would be the suggested method to implement this?

Thanks & Regards,

Navin Srinivas