Hi Slava,

I'm using an 100Gbit link and want to transfer 10GByte (80 Gbit) per second. I
did test it with different numbers of queues (1,2,4,8) without any change to
the result. In our application, the other end (FPGA) does not support L2 flow
control.

As you assume, the problem does not seem to be in the actual NIC timestamping
as is guessed first, but in the interaction of host and NIC: I have inserted
another thread in my application that does nothing but repeatedly call
rte_delay_us_block(1) and measures the elapsed time. This shows the same
effect: from time to time all threads are blocked simultaneously for over
100µs, whether they are interacting with the NIC or not.

I seem to have the same problem as described here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@dpdk.org/msg07437.html

Investigating further, I discovered strange behavior: In my main application
(not the MWE posted here), the problem also occurs when receiving the data when
the packet load changes (start and end of the data stream). Normally, the
received data is copied into a large buffer - if I comment out this memcpy,
i.e. *reduce* the workload, these stalls occur *more* often. It also seems to
depend on the software environment: On Debian stalls are less frequent than
when using NIXOS(same hardware and the same isolation features).

How can I enable "DMA to LLC"? If I see correctly, "Direct Cache Access" is an
Inter-exclusive feature not available on the AMD EPYC CPUSs we are using.

I would be grateful for any advice on how I could solve the problem.

Thank you and best regards,
Max