I have a Connect X5 card (PF ens1f0np0) directly connected to another server:

1) create VF on PF on both servers
2) change mac address of VFs to my own addressing
3) start testpmd on server 1 in txonly mode to transmit to server 0
4) start testpmd on server 0 in rxonly mode to receive
5) everything is fine, I keep receiving packets on node-0

Now, on server 1 I add the PF to a linux bridge, and everything's still fine.

If I add another interface (a simple 1Gbps with no VF, ens5f0)  to the
linux bridge, then, I don't receive anymore packets on node-0

If I remove the ens5f0 from the bridge or I put down the ens5f0 the
traffic flow restarts.

I understand that DPDK uses the VF directly with no dependencies on
the kernel. How can operations on the kernel side (like adding an
interface to bridge) can affect the VF?

Best regards,
Antonio.