I understand. Thank you very much for your response, Bruce.

 My concern was the possibility of an edge case caused by the untested
combination of firmware and DPDK versions, rather than a major issue, which
is why I raised this question.

 I will proceed with testing my use cases extensively and report any
defects if I encounter any issues. Thank you.

 Kind regards

On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 3:03 AM Bruce Richardson <[email protected]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 01, 2026 at 12:37:40AM -0500, User wrote:
> >     Hi all,
> >    For the i40e PMD on DPDK 24.11, the recommended Intel X710 firmware
> >    version is 9.52.
> >    (Source: [1]
> https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/i40e.html#kernel-driver-an
> >    d-firmware-matching-list)
> >     However, the firmware version 9.52 for Intel Ethernet 700 Series
> >    adapters has been removed from the Intel Download Center a couple of
> >    months ago and is no longer available for download.
> >    (Source: [2]
> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18635/nvm-
> >    update-utility-for-intel-ethernet-adapters-700-series-linux.html)
> >     Given this, which firmware version should be installed on the Intel
> >    X710 cards for DPDK 24.11?
> >     Thank you.
> >     Kind regards
> >
> Hi,
>
> in a case like this I'd suggest just using the latest firmware for the
> card. In my experience, major issues with using different firmware
> versions with
> DPDK are relatively rare, so you should be ok with a different version,
> even if it's not one we have explicitly validated. If you do encounter any
> issues, please log a defect in DPDK bugzilla so we can investigate.
>
> Regards,
> /Bruce
>

Reply via email to