On 2017-10-18 09:19, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
Hola Predag

On Tuesday, 17 October 2017, Predrag Punosevac <punoseva...@gmail.com <mailto:punoseva...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Gerald Henriksen wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:41:25 -0400, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
    >
    > >Only nVidia supports its own product with binary blob drivers.
    Somebody’s
    > >have mentioned Nouveau driver in one of the posts. That is
    beating a
    > >dead horse.
    >
    > Nope.  Nouveau is alive and well.

    Who cares? Why are we even talking about stupid proprietary NVidia
    crap
    on DF mailing lists at the moment of release of the most advanced file
    system on the face of the planet?

I haven't seen a comprehensive feature list yet that have convinced me that H2 will beat ZFS. I'm going to use ZFS on my servers for a long time coming but that won't stop me from testing H2 on a spare computer.

Maybe people who have an older laptop and a) cannot afford buying a new one BUT want to continue learning or b) are giving Dragonfly a try on a computer and hate obsolescence by SW upgrades. C’on, Ubuntu handles these GPUs flawlessly. Why not try to follow their example if we want Dragonfly for the masses. And BTW this is not that someone is trying to run it on a Sinclair Spectrum ZX81.

The vesa driver is said to work fine.
A couple posts ago there were an argument made that if someone ELSE ported Nouveau from linux, than magically those with Nvidia gfx chips suddenly will become contributors.
I think that is a practical implementation of the concept "help vampire".
The compiler is included in the base install.
EOD.

---