On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 12:58:27PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
This looks like a good idea. We might need to update the MDB definition as
well to make this key either required or optional (don't know which is
better).

That is a good thought. Not every machine requires an allocation name. If we would make it a required field, it would force users to choose something even for machine that don't need it. On the other hand, we could work around that by providing 'something' (notneeded?) for those machines, and not use the string in the qsub script. Although, that does sound a little 'hacky'.

I would suspect that making it optional begs the question what simfactory should use to replace the potentially present strings in the qsub file with, and why it should warn or abort if none was given.

Frank