Hello Steve,

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll try to write a fresh runscipt by
looking at example runscripts.

Since you're using slurm, MPI should be smart enough that you don't need to
pass -n, -npernode,

I don't need to pass -n as well? I can see -n @NUM_PROCS@ in the SBATCH
runscripts that uses openmpi (example - graham, expanse). Can you please
explain a little bit about what should be the simplest/safest mpi execution
command to start with? And how can we build it further to optimise it more?

How did you get a Runscript and Submitscript for this machine. Did you
create yourself?

My first attempt was at an HPC at my home institute IISER Bhopal, which had
PBS. Then, I installed ETK in the NSM facility (India), which has SLURM. I
changed most of the stuff in machinefile and submitscipt as per SLRUM (by
looking at available example scripts) and copied the runscript from PBS,
which was working fine.

The current HPC also has SLURM, so I copied all the scripts from the NSM
facility. It always worked alright, so I was never quite sceptical about
the runscipt, especially because the error has only shown up in the current
HPC only and quite occasionally.

Now, I can see from example runscripts that mpi execution commands for
SBATCH look very different from PBS ones.

Regards
Shamim Haque
Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Department of Physics