You are trying to override a build-in handler. The http schema is
handled by the jvm and must not be overridden (see 11.3.2 of the
spec).

Could you explain your use-case a bit more (why do you want to use
your own http implementation?) - maybe we can find a workaround ....

regards,

Karl

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Pierre De Rop
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a bundle which provides a
> org.osgi.service.url.URLStreamHandlerService with protocol "http" and
> "https".
> but, when I use java.net.HttpURLConnection, my handlers are not invoked.
>
> I use SCR in order to provide my stream handlers. Here is he SCR.xml:

> <component name="HttpUrlStreamHandler" immediate="true">
>  <implementation
> class="com.nextenso.http.agent.impl.HttpUrlStreamHandlerService"/>
>  <service>
>   <provide interface="org.osgi.service.url.URLStreamHandlerService"/>
>  </service>
>  <property name="url.handler.protocol">
>   http
>   https
>  </property>
> </component>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> In the Felix configuration properties, I have set the property
> "felix.service.urlhandlers=true"
> But it sounds like my http/https handlers are not invoked by the framework
> when I
> do the following:
>
>     HttpURLConnection uc = (HttpURLConnection) new
> URL("http://www.verisign.com/";).openConnection();
>
> -> could anyone help about this problem ?
>
> (fwi, the same code works with KnopflerFish).
>
> Thanks
> /pierre

Karl Pauls
[EMAIL PROTECTED]