The ConfigAdmin spec specifies that the PID has to be generated, so
no, that's not possible.
However you can filter based on the file name, as an additional
property is added to the configuration to be able to easily link it
back to the file.
Look for the felix.fileinstall.filename property.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 13:50, Carlos Quiroz <cqui...@gemini.edu> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been using FileInstall to start and install my services using
> ManagedServiceFactories but one issue I find is that FileInstall ask
> ConfigAdmin an initial configuration which is set to a random UUID.
>
> Could be that FileInstall gets the pid from the file name like is getting the
> Factory PID? Like
>
> <factory.pid>-<service.pid>.cfg
>
> In the code, FileInstall is actually doing something like that parsing the
> filename but it doesn't use the service.pid part
>
> I think that would be quite useful as the Random UUID in PID makes it
> difficult to find specific services
>
> Any opinion?
>
> Carlos

Cheers,