You're not really giving enough information. How about showing us your manifest file and the contents of your bundle JAR file?

-> richard

On 4/4/11 7:35, adrian.p.sm...@bt.com wrote:
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem that is stopping me from
progressing with Felix ?

I have a simple bundle based on the example DictionaryBundle in the examples
with the added complexity of an embedded jar file, is this case
commons-lang.jar.

I can install and start the bundle into Felix when it is run from the command
line (java -jar bin/felix.jar) and I can see the embedded jar being extracted
in the felix-cache directory etc. In by Activator.start() method I also invoke
the bundle code to prove that it works OK.

If I write some other code, closely following the patterns described at
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-launching-and-embedding.html#ApacheFelixFrameworkLaunchingandEmbedding-embedding,
 I find that, when the bundle is started, I get an error:

Could not create framework: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start
error in bundle [5].
      [java] org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in
bundle [5].
      [java]               at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1899)
      [java]               at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1769)
      [java]               at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:927)
      [java]               at com.bt.test.Main.main(Main.java:298)
      [java] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils
      [java]               at
com.bt.test.DictionaryImpl.checkWord(DictionaryImpl.java:24)
      [java]               at
com.bt.test.DictionaryActivator.start(DictionaryActivator.java:33)
      [java]               at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:629)
      [java]               at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1852)
      [java]               ... 3 more
      [java]

I have studied the Main class from the Felix jar for differences to my code and
cannot find anything obvious. Any clues appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian Smith
BT Group