... Just forgot to provide the patch.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11808666/felix-openjpa.patch

Kind regards,

Dirk

Von: Rudolph, Dirk
Gesendet: Montag, 24. März 2014 11:29
An: users@felix.apache.org
Cc: Schlag, Rene; Koenig, Thomas
Betreff: OpenJPA Support in Apache Felix

Hi all,

in our current project, we intensively use database access to store information
and share it between different (not clustered) instances. As for the
persistence layer, we use Apache OpenJPA in an Apache Felix container (CQ5.5)
with Apache Aries bundles installed. The setting up faced out some problems
related to the special ClassLoader scenario in the OSGI environment. For a
detailed related previous discussion have a look at [1] and [2].

To sum up, the most frustrating problem was that the Classes loaded by a
special ModuleClassLoader could not be collected by the GC. So, the static
PCRegistry of OpenJPA referenced Classes, whose ClassLoader has been
closed/invalidated by Felix before and on any further access on these Classes,
caused NoClassDefFoundErrors.

To solve this issue we implemented a framework extension that registers a
BundleListener, cleaning up the PCRegistry every time a Bundle is updated. This
code we would like to contribute and any comments are appreciated.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openjpa-dev/200707.mbox/%3cfbb27544-a571-4c30-af39-e0822f81d...@gmail.com%3E

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-285

Kind regards,

Dirk Rudolph

T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH
Organisationseinheit CCS
Dirk Rudolph
Software-Entwicklung, OCJP

Hausanschrift: Riesaer Straße 5, 01129 Dresden
Postanschrift: Postfach 10 02 24, 01072 Dresden
+49 351 2820-5363       (Tel)
E-Mail: dirk.rudo...@t-systems.com <mailto:mdirk.rudo...@t-systems-mms.com>
Internet: http://www.t-systems-mms.com <http://www.t-systems-mms.de/>

T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH

Aufsichtsrat: Thilo Kusch (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Peter Klingenburg, Susanne Heger, Dr. Rolf Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 11433
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dresden
Ust-IdNr.: DE 811 807 949