Hi,

as soon as I add a ServiceDependency to my component, Felix tries to
start the service  --  before I set the implementation and before I add
the the component to the DM.

I would expect, it waits until I finally add the component to the DM?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you
Hubert

public void init(BundleContext bundleContext, DependencyManager
dependencyManager) throws Exception {
  Component component =  dependencyManager.createComponent();

    ServiceDependency serviceDependency = createServiceDependency();
    serviceDependency.setService(LoggingServiceImpl.class);
    serviceDependency.setRequired(true);

<<<<
    component.add(serviceDependency);   // goes to
ComponentImpl#calculateNewState() from here

    component.setImplementation(LoggingConfigService.class);
    String[] classes = new
String[]{LoggingConfigService.class.getName(),
ManagedService.class.getName()};

    component.setInterface(classes, properties);
    dependencyManager.add(component);         // thought it should go
to calculateNewState() from here ??