Such a tool does exist… for example the Embed-Dependency and Embed-Transitive
instructions in the maven-bundle-plugin. Of course, the price is that every
bundle will contain its own copy of every library. So if you think this solves
the problem then I recommend not bothering with OSGi or any other module system.

Ultimately there can be no automated substitute for developers paying attention
to the two principles of modular composition: high cohesion and low coupling.
When developers fail to do this (as the Quartz developers apparently did),
users suffer.

Neil