I would like to use Tyrus[1] as my WebSocket implementation. In a non-OSGi standalone setup I got it up and running fairly quick. However, I don't know how to get it running with the felix http service in OSGi.

With the standalone setup one creates a specific 'container' for the websocket endpoints, but in OSGi with http service one should somehow register them with the http service.

The Tyrus user guide[2] has the following about deploying to a servlet container: "Endpoints may be deployed using javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer during the application initialization phase. For websocket enabled web containers, developers may obtain a reference to the ServerContainer instance by retrieving it as an attribute named javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer on the ServletContext, see the following example for annotated endpoint"

Of course, I don't know if the http service provided by felix is a websocket enabled container, but when I try to access the servlet context in the init method of a servlet I deploy to the http service I get an exception that the context hasn't been initialized.

The Tyrus packages are OSGi bundles, and if I understand it correctly, have been used in the Glashfish server. However, I don't know how to proceed.

I'm following the other thread about websockets, but I'm not getting the gist of the thread.

Regards,
Maurice.

[1] https://tyrus.java.net/
[2] https://tyrus.java.net/documentation/1.0/user-guide.html#d0e34