On 10/30/15 15:42 , Milen Dyankov wrote:
This seems to happen with felix (version 4.6 in my case) from time to time.
Basically I have some symlinks in `felix/bundle` folder pointing to the jar
files generated by my IDE/build tool. Someties (haven't tried to figure out
why) it will not notice the JAR has changed and the only way to force it is
to clean the `felix/felix-cache`. As I'm only using plain felix for demo
purposes it is not a big deal for me (I always clean the cache) but I can
imagine how frustrating it would be if I was to build something serious
this way.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, the framework will never notice that the bundles have changed and do anything. It only does what it is told.

If you are saying that you are doing an explicit update on a bundle and the framework doesn't show the updated content of the bundle, even after a framework refresh, then this would be a significant bug. If that is the case, then it would be great to get more information. It would definitely be surprising, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

-> richard

Best,
Milen

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>